Codesmith Online Review
As the job market shows, folks with software engineering skills never hurt for employment. They also clean up on paydays. One of the quickest ways to acquire such skills is to train at a coding bootcamp. In a matter of months, immersive bootcamps help you obtain the experience and education you need to enter the workforce.
Students in built-up areas have the option of attending brick-and-mortar classes. On the other hand, busy students and people in low-population regions can attend remote bootcamps. If you belong to the latter group, Codesmith’s Remote Software Engineering Immersive programs are a great choice.
- Get matched to top courses and training programs with flexible learning options
Our Codesmith online review examines the school’s offerings and delves into the fine points of the program. We look at the curricula, costs, and admissions process. You also learn about former students’ outcomes and find out what sort of support the school provides its students and graduates. Our Codesmith online review helps you get the essential information and starts you on your way to a new career with great entry-level pay.
Codesmith’s founders wanted to provide educational opportunities to anyone interested in tech, regardless of background. They believe that student success leads to inspiration, which leads to more student success.
The school was founded in 2015. It uses an approach derived from Oxford University, the alma mater of Codesmith’s CEO. Additionally, the program emphasizes independent learning and focuses on improving students’ ability to learn. As a result, software engineers that graduate from Codesmith show a high degree of autonomy and adaptability.
The school offers its immersive software engineering bootcamp onsite in New York City and Los Angeles. As mentioned before, it also has remote programs, open to students elsewhere. The bootcamps are either part-time (9 months) or full-time (3 months). Students who need to get up to speed before the bootcamp can attend the prep courses.
Online Software Engineering Immersive
- Computer science – Algorithms, data structures, system design, programming paradigms, and design patterns.
- Front end development – React, Redux, HTML/CSS, and building modern web pages
- Backend development – Node, Express, authentication, and non-relational and relational databases.
- Groundbreaking tech – Machine learning.
- Real-world engineering practices – Technical communication, engineering tools like Git and GitHub, project management, and dev ops.
Codesmith offers two preparatory classes for aspiring techies.
- Storing and using data (variables)
- Looping and when to run code (control flow)
- Saving and using code (functions)
- Storing more complex data (objects/arrays)
- How the web works
- Functions and their execution
- Data types
- Higher-order functions and callbacks
- Recursion and algorithms
- OOP and prototypal inheritance
- Engineering soft skills like technical communication, problem-solving, and debugging
Codesmith’s admissions process is rigorous. In fact, many students prepare for six months to a year, taking the tech interview multiple times. To begin, students fill out an online application. They then sit for a non-technical interview in which a counselor assesses their drive and dedication. After that, they go through a technical interview. Finally, if they pass the interview, the student will select their cohort and make payment arrangements.
Tuition for the immersive software engineering online bootcamp course is $18,800. However, there are several payment options:
- Upfront payment – Pay in one lump sum.
- Loans – Codesmith partners with several loan providers to help you find a payment plan.
- Scholarships – There are scholarships available for at-need students. These include grants offered to women in tech, the LGBTQ community, and veterans.
Codesmith offers career services that run concurrent to the coding instruction. Because of this, students are able to develop their interview skills and find out how to build and advertise a resume. After they graduate, the students maintain contact with the school. They continue to train for the job search until they find employment.
The school has a Council on Integrity in Results Reporting (CIRR) certification. According to its 2019 H2 report, 80.6% of Codesmith Los Angeles Full-Stack Software Development students are employed in the field within six months of graduation. In addition, these graduates enjoy a median salary of $115,000. Former students report that their time at the school gave them ample preparation for their new careers. They also believe that Codesmith instilled in them a new sense of value and purpose.
As we have shown you in our Codesmith online review, this school has a top-notch curriculum. Furthermore, Codesmith offers flexible schedules for remote learners. On the not-so-bright side, the tuition might be a bit pricey for a bootcamp. However, the school’s teaching approach and emphasis on a personalized experience make it worth a look. Finally, the school’s commitment to underserved techies from diverse backgrounds is commendable. If you live in a rural area or have a full schedule, consider checking out Codesmith online.