The Best Tech Companies in Denver Are Now Hiring
A thriving tech culture, a lower cost of living, and a growing job market. If you’re on the lookout for all three, then it might be time to pack your bags and launch a tech career in Denver. Where in the Mile-High City exactly? In this article, we give you a round-up of the best tech companies in Denver.
From the tech startups that offer a rich experience to the big companies that offer stability, we explore the best of the best in Denver. Use our list as your guide to know which tech companies to apply for and secure the best tech jobs they can offer.
The Best Tech Startups in Denver
If you’re looking to experience Denver’s tech startup culture, be on the lookout for opportunities in the companies listed below. Note that the following job openings are available at the time of writing.
- Industry: Education technology
- Founded: 2015
- Employee benefits include: Medical and dental coverage, stock options, catered lunch once a week, wellness and parental leave, 3 weeks of vacation in your first year, and an open vacation policy after year 1
What Does Guild Education Do?
Guild Education unlocks opportunities for millions of working adults looking to upskill through its partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies and universities.
Guild Education introduces strategic tuition assistance programs to companies to encourage and support their employees as they upskill. It then connects the employees to its university partners to jumpstart their training.
Its partners include Chipotle, Disney, Walmart, Discover, Purdue University, the University of Arizona, and the University of Denver.
Job Opportunities at Guild Education
Below are the current tech openings at Guild along with the expected base salaries.
- Decision Scientist: $90,000 to $100,000
- Senior Data Engineer: $120,000 to $140,000
- Lead Data Scientist: $140,000 to $150,000
- Senior Product Manager: $130,000 to $150,000
- Senior Software Engineer: $110,000 to $140,000
- Industry: Digital infrastructure
- Founded: 2019
- Employee benefits include: Full healthcare benefits, paid time off, flexible schedules
What Does Stack Infrastructure Do?
Stack Infrastructure builds hyperscale campuses, custom data centers, and powered shell options across eight markets in the United States. These are then leased to large cloud platforms and enterprises, effectively scaling their geographic reach and capacities.
Job Opportunities at Stack Infrastructure
Below are a few of the current openings at Stack Infrastructure along with their designated place of work.
- Director of Product Marketing: Denver, Colorado
- Director of Energy and Environment: Denver, Colorado
- Critical Operations Manager: San Jose, California
- Industry: Cyber Security
- Founded: 2015
- Employee benefits include: 100 percent coverage of medical premiums, open time off, catered lunch once a week, dog-friendly office, professional development opportunities, equity compensation
What Does CyberGRX Do?
CyberGRX is a third-party cyber risk-management platform provider. Put simply, it allows enterprises to monitor their systems and create cyber risk-management strategies for third parties.
Job Opportunities at CyberGRX
Below are the current tech openings at CyberGRX along with the annual base salary range.
- Full Stack Software Engineer: $90,000 to $120,000
- Senior Full Stack Software Engineer: $120,000 to $160,000
- Industry: Cloud consulting
- Founded: 2014
- Employee benefits include:
What Does Enavate Do?
Local up-and-comer Enavate helps companies optimize their customer relationships, which are a vital aspect of businesses. Customer relationship management (CRM) platforms like Microsoft Dynamics 365 take the process online to make businesses more responsive and adaptable.
Job Opportunities at Enavate
If you have expertise in Dynamics 365 or a similar CRM platform, consider applying for Enavate. Do a deep dive into Dynamics 365 as well as general CRM concepts and approaches. Finally, it doesn’t hurt to pick up a few Microsoft certifications along the way.
Below are the current tech openings at CyberGRX along with some skills and competencies you’ll need to qualify.
- NetSuite Solution Architect: You must be a certified NetSuite ERP Consultant and have at least nine years of NetSuite client implementation experience.
- NetSuite Senior Implementation Consultant: You must be a certified NetSuite ERP Consultant with at least five years of NetSuite client implementation experience.
The Best Tech Companies in Denver
Ready to join the big leagues? Below are the top big tech companies in Denver along with the opportunities that you can look forward to. Note that the following job openings are available at the time of writing.
- Industry: Software as a Service
- Founded: 2008
- Employee benefits include: Competitive health, dental, and vision plans; casual work environment; employee resource groups; competitive paid time off, voluntary time off, and parental leave
What Does Workiva Do?
Workiva offers a platform that automates data management and reporting to streamline processes in the workplace. Its capabilities include gathering data, updating numbers, and managing approvals.
Job Opportunities at Workiva
Below are the current tech openings at Workiva along with the annual base salary range. Note that the following roles are available at the time of writing.
- Software Engineer – Process Management and Automation: $86,000 to $129,000
- User Experience Researcher: $93,000 to $120,000
- User Interface Manager: $141,000 to $182,000
- Product Architect: $158,000 to $204,000
- Senior Product Manager – Integrated Risk: $125,000 to $160,000
- Industry: Cloud computing
- Founded: 2006
- Employee benefits include: Health, vision, and dental coverage; generous parental leave; flexible spending account; life insurance; wellness programs; fitness subsidies; company equity
What Does Xero Do?
Xero is a cloud-based accounting software platform that allows businesses to track and manage their expenses quickly and securely.
Job Opportunities at Workiva
To qualify for the sorts of jobs that Xero has to offer, get educated in all aspects of cloud computing. Learn about Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, which are two of the top cloud solutions around today. Having experience working with mass storage is a big plus, too.
Below are the current tech openings at Xero along with the expected annual base salary. Note that the following roles are available at the time of writing.
- Senior Software Engineer: $110,000 to $135,000
- Senior Site Reliability Engineer: $85,000 to $105,000
- Infrastructure Systems Engineer: $85,000 to $105,000
- Industry: Communications technology
- Founded: 2011
- Employee benefits include: Health, vision, and dental coverage; flexible spending account; life and pet insurance; commuter benefits; mentorship program; employee stock purchase plan
What Does Zoom Do?
Anyone who’s worked from home knows how important remote meetings are. Zoom makes this happen by allowing users to meet online through an easy-to-use web-based video-conferencing tool.
Job Opportunities at Zoom
Your network skills need to be top-notch to tackle the jobs at Zoom. So, make an effort to pick up a few certifications for your prospective role. Server expertise helps as well. That means brushing up on Linux, Windows, macOS, and more.
Below are a few of the current tech openings at Zoom along with some skills and competencies you’ll need to qualify. Note that the following roles are available at the time of writing.
- Data Scientist – Finance: Excel and SQL skills plus development experience in Python and over five years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions
- Backend Software Engineer: Strong proficiency in Linux C++ development and familiarity with web technologies including HTTP/S, UDP, RTP, and WSS
- Big Data Engineer: A solid track record of data management and fluency in programming languages (ideally in Python, Java, or Scala)
Should You Pursue a Tech Career in Denver?
Aside from a strong tech scene, Denver has also been recognized as the best place to live in the United States. Several factors contribute to this recognition, from a growing job market, low unemployment rate, and good schools.
Speaking of schools, Denver also boasts quality coding bootcamps. These skills-training schools will train you for the best tech companies in Denver.
So that’s the whole story, readers. Denver is an emerging tech hub, and there are plenty of cutting-edge businesses on the rise in the region. Our guide highlights several of the best tech companies in Denver and helps you start your job search right.
Do you have any questions or thoughts about Denver tech companies? Let us know in the comments section below.