The 4 Best Django Bootcamps of 2023
Django is an open-source Python-based web framework that’s designed for data-heavy web applications. The best Django bootcamps will teach you the Python and Django skills you need to become a full stack web developer.
Python is one of the most in-demand programming languages in the modern workplace and plenty of bootcamps include Django in their course offerings. So it’s never been easier to learn Django.
Why Study Django?
Django is an efficient Python-based framework built for teams to collaborate without repetition. Studying Django gives you access to a fast, efficient, and widely used framework that simplifies the site-building process.
Django follows the don’t repeat yourself (DRY) principle. You can quickly generate multiple uses with the same basic data, without having to rebuild a new model every time. This functionality has the potential to speed up your development. Additionally, Django’s robust admin tools let users quickly see who’s working on a project and what their role is.
Several web designers have taken note of Django’s benefits, and it is used by many sites that you use every day, including Nextdoor, Instagram, and more. Its wide adoption in the industry makes it easier for Django disciples to find a job after graduation.
Reasons to Learn Django in 2023
- Wide industry use. Because of its simplicity and efficiency, web applications that handle a lot of data are often written in Python on top of Django.
- Fast and efficient. The aforementioned DRY principle drives Django web development. So, companies that have already built out their Django procedures won’t have to do it again.
Sites that usually take months to build can be built much quicker, allowing companies to take on more projects and make more money. For a developer, this means less time doing the same tasks over and over, and more time pushing projects past the finish line.
- Facilitates teamwork. Django has built-in admin tools that display who’s working on your project and the last time they logged in. On top of this, users can also add tools for logging data. These functions clarify each worker’s responsibilities in the program, which is great for project management frameworks like Agile and DevOps.
- Secure. Django comes with tools for automatically authenticating each user, saving time and money that would otherwise be wasted on finding or building your own authentication tools. You can be sure that the only people working on a project are the people that are supposed to be there.
Why Study at a Django Bootcamp?
Django bootcamps give attendees a structured curriculum that lets them focus on learning the skills they need. This curriculum makes for a faster and more efficient way to study than simply trying to study at your own pace.
Aside from the curriculum itself, coding bootcamps also give students invaluable expert supervision. You will be able to ask experienced software engineers your project questions, and you will get code reviews to make sure your progress stays on track throughout the course.
Benefits of Django Bootcamps
- Modern curriculum. Bootcamps offer you an up-to-date curriculum that will teach you the latest applications in the industry. Many tools you find online may be operating on older, out-of-date knowledge of Django and its capabilities.
- Expert help. You will have real experts available to shepherd you through your coding journey instead of relying on forums for help. These experts have a vested interest in helping you, so they will be much more helpful than strangers online.
- Fast and efficient. The best Django bootcamps will give you a curriculum that moves quickly while instilling all the necessary knowledge to help you find a job. Self-guided studying can add a lot of unnecessary material that may slow down your journey and lower your motivation.
- Career services. Bootcamps offer career services like mock interviews and resume reviews to prepare you for your career change. These services are often coupled with access to hiring partners that hire employees straight from bootcamps, which eliminates a lengthy job search.
The 4 Best Django Bootcamps
Now that you’ve learned the benefits of Django, here are the four best Django bootcamps that will prepare you for a long web development career.
|Coding Dojo Key Information
|Onsite Immersive Bootcamp, Online Full-Time Bootcamp, Online Part-Time Bootcamp
|$7,995 - $15,995
|Deferred Tuition, Income Share Agreement, Month-to-Month, Private Loan
|2023 Start Dates
|February 22, March 8, March 22, April 5, April 19, May 17, June 21
After you learn about Python, you have the option of moving on to study two of the following languages or frameworks: C#/.NET, Java, MEAN, MERN, or Ruby on Rails. With these added tools, you can expand your skillset and your pool of potential employers. Students who enroll in the part-time courses can choose to study one language in a curriculum that works with their current schedule.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person classes have temporarily been suspended. Although students who enroll in the onsite program can return to the program for two months of in-person study when it is safe to do so.
Coding Dojo is a good option for students that want to learn a few common programming languages and frameworks to expand their job options.
|Code Fellows Key Information
|Part-Time/Full-Time Code 401: Advanced Software Development in Python
|Deferred Tuition, Month-to-Month, Private Loan, GI Bill
|2023 Start Dates
|May 17, June 5, November 29, December 4
Students can qualify to attend this 400 level course after first completing courses at the 100, 200, and 300 levels, or by showing aptitude in the topics the courses cover.
This 10 to 20-week course focuses on teaching students how to take projects from ideas to fully-realized and secure deployments with Python and Django. Due to this program’s project-based nature, you’ll have a portfolio to show potential employers at the end of the program.
Code Fellows is a good option for people based in Seattle looking for a curriculum that works around their needs instead of trying to teach everyone the same thing.
|Kenzie Academy Key Information
|Full-Time Software Engineering
|Deferred Tuition, Month-to-Month, Private Loan
|2023 Start Dates
|March 1, April 19, June 7
Kenzie Academy offers online bootcamps in software engineering and UX design. No matter which option you choose, you’ll get the same course load and live instructor feedback.
The 12-month program is split into two halves, with the first half focusing on front end web development and the second half focused on backend development. The program teaches Django and other web fundamentals. At the end of the course, you will receive two certificates, one for each half.
This program is good for people looking for the prestige of a traditional university at a fraction of the price. Kenzie Academy graduates learn how to adapt to new programming languages during the bootcamp, teaching important flexibility for their future.
Momentum is a Durham, NC-based coding bootcamp that offers a software engineering course. And it’s only a couple of hours from Charlotte, a tech hotbed.
|Momentum Key Information
|Software Engineering Immersive
|Income Share Agreement, Pay As You Go, Private Loan
|2023 Start Dates
|March 15, May 10, July 5, August 30
Momentum only offers one course that starts every eight weeks. Each bootcamp is split into four separate four-week phases.
The first bootcamp teaches students the fundamentals of web development, while the second phase focuses on backend development in Python and Django. In the third phase, students will move into advanced front end and backend development. And in the last phase, they will learn Agile development principles while working on their capstone project.
This bootcamp is a good option for North Carolinians looking for a bootcamp that works with their schedule. If you have to drop out for any unforeseen circumstances, Momentum allows you to pick up where you left off at no additional charge.
Should You Enroll in a Django Bootcamp?
If you’re interested in web development or software engineering, you will learn a lot from a Django bootcamp. These camps usually cover the basics of Python and Django in a web development context, although they both have a world of uses beyond that.
If you’re looking to start a career in software engineering, Django is a well-supported, easy entry point. A bootcamp can make that entrance even easier.